1.0 What IS included in this Plan:
- Picture Updates – adding, editing and sizing of any images being added to the existing pages of the website.
- Text Updates – adding, editing and/or removing any text or copy on the existing site including any articles, reports, contact information and product or service
- Complete Monthly Backups – maintaining a full backup of website through the duration of this
- Functionality – ensuring all links/images are working correctly and examining the overall health and proper functionality of the
- Basic Search Engine Optimization – ensuring the visibility of a website or web pages in major search engines, getting indexed, preventing crawling and increasing prominence
- Core system & Security updates – regular system and security updates when available server
- Consultation and guidance on the use of the web
*We reserve the right to distinguish between “updates” and “new designs”.
What is NOT included in this Plan:
- Web site redesign, re-alignment or re-development – the scope of this contract is limited to maintenance and does not allow for complete or partial redesign of existing site. Cr8tive Chaos can advise Client on any requested work that falls within these bounds that may require a different
- CMS design or integration including but not limited to blogs, shopping carts and web forums. These require a separate design
- Blacklist removal & Malware protection
2.0 Service Plans:
All service plans are prepaid and all prepaid time expires 1 month after the payment date. A maximum of 3hrs labour time per month will be assigned to each website, under the Rent-a-Site Package, for image and textual updates and changes. Any time not used within this 1-month window will expire. Any time exceeded over the initial 3hrs will be billed at our usual rate of $35 USD per hour. There is no rollover of prepaid time to the next billing period and no refunds or credits will be issued for expired time. Time not used is non-transferrable.
3.0 Deadlines & Deliverables:
A 50% non-refundable deposit administration fee is required before site design commences. On approval of site design, Client has 30 days in which to deliver all site information ie. text, images, logo etc. to Cr8tive Chaos.
- After this period, Cr8tive Chaos has the right to bill Client 60% of the monthly maintenance fee even if not enough information has been forthcoming to make the website live on the
*To make a site live we will need a Home page, About Us, and a Contact page.
- On the website going live, the final 50% administration fee will be invoiced. Monthly billing will then commence.
Cr8tive Chaos does not write articles, source information, or provide images for clients websites.
Maintenance requests made by Client should be via email and will be acted upon as soon as possible by Cr8tive Chaos. Requests made after 3:00 pm may not be received until the next business day.
4.0 Website Development Time Frame:
Cr8tive Chaos will only begin work on the Clients website once a deposit has been received. Cr8tive Chaos gives a web development time frame of a minimum of 2 weeks to build a website. This is dependant on Cr8tive Chaos workload. The client will be advised.
Design time is dependant on all the information for the website being available before work commences. If information is not forthcoming from the client the development will stall until information is provided. (See 3.1 for terms)
If a domain transfer and/or a purchase of a domain is required, a time extension is needed.
5.0 Payment of Fees:
Maintenance fees to Cr8tive Chaos are due and payable on the following schedule:
Payment is to be made within the first 3 (three) business days of every month. All payments will be made in US funds only via bank deposit. If payment is not received, the client will be in default of maintenance contract and full payment of contract will be required before any further maintenance can be done. Cr8tive Chaos reserves the right to remove the client’s website from the internet until full payment is brought up to date and paid for. An admin fee will be charged for this, of no more than US$35.
In the event Client wishes to terminate their Rent-a-Site Website and their monthly payment of US$50, the website will cease to exist and will no longer be available on the World Wide Web. The website designed by Cr8tive Chaos will be deleted and is non-transferrable.
- If the Client’s website is older than 24 months, termination must be given in writing 3 months before the cancellation date. This cancellation period will be billed as normal and does not incur a penalty
- For websites younger than 24 months, 3 months notice must be given in writing, which is billed as normal. Thereafter, outstanding months up to the 24th month will incur a penalty of current monthly charges.
The Domain name only will be available for transfer to the server of choice by the client, payable by the client.
7.0 Assignment of project:
Cr8tive Chaos reserves the right to assign certain subcontractors to this project to ensure the right fit for the job, as well as on-time completion. Cr8tive Chaos warrants all work completed by independent subcontractors who are secured by Cr8tive Chaos for this project. When subcontracting is required, Cr8tive Chaos will only use industry-recognized independent professionals.
Client agrees that it shall defend, indemnify, save and hold Cr8tive Chaos harmless from any and all demands, liabilities, losses, costs and claims, including reasonable attorney’s fees, (“Liabilities”) asserted against ‘Provider’, agents, its clients, servants, officers, and employees, that may arise or result from any service provided or performed or agreed to be performed or any product sold by Client, its agents, employee or assigns. Client agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Cr8tive Chaos against liabilities arising out of any injury to person or property caused by any products or services sold or otherwise distributed in connection with Cr8tive Chaos’s service, any material supplied by Client infringing on the proprietary rights of a third party, copyright infringement, and any defective product which Client has sold in the Web Design.
9.0 Warranties and Liability:
Client agrees that any material submitted for publication will not contain anything leading to an abusive or unethical use of the Web Hosting Service, the Host Server or Cr8tive Chaos. Abusive and unethical materials and uses include, but are not limited to, pornography, obscenity, nudity, violations of privacy, computer viruses, harassment, any illegal activity, spamming, advocacy of an illegal activity, and any infringement of privacy. Client hereby agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Cr8tive Chaos from any claim resulting from the Client’s publication of material or use of those materials. It is also understood that Cr8tive Chaos will not publish information over the Internet which may be used by another party to harm another. Cr8tive Chaos reserves the right to determine what is and is not pornography. Cr8tive Chaos does not warrant the functions of the site will meet Client’s expectations of site traffic or resulting business or that the operation of the web pages will be uninterrupted and / or error-free. Cr8tive Chaos is not to be held responsible for occasional downtime of email or website due to line interruptions and/or other instances beyond Cr8tive Chaos control.
10.0 Design Credit:
Client agrees that Cr8tive Chaos may put a byline on the bottom of all web pages maintained by the Webmaster to establish maintenance credit. The client also agrees that the website maintained for the Client may be included in the Cr8tive Chaos’s portfolio.
11.0 Acceptance of our Terms and Conditions:
Any form of payment to Cr8tive Chaos is acceptance of our Terms and Conditions. Cr8tive Chaos reserves the right to update these Terms and Conditions as and when we deem appropriate. Clients will be notified via email of any updates.